Saturday, January 17, 2015

Wow! How out of shape I let myself get

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a program on QVC where they were offering a Total Gym for only $300 with free shipping. Once again I was tempted to order one. I had had one previously, but I was too heavy to use it because the model I bought was only rated for 225 pounds and at the time I weighed in at over 280. Rather than break the machine, I sold it. The one being advertised at this time was rated at 350 pounds which I am well below. I ordered it, and a few days later it arrived. Before attempting to use it I read all the materials and watched the exercise videos that came with it. I knew I was badly out of shape and that it would take me a long time to get back some of the muscle tone that I had lost through lack of use and dieting. For beginners, Total Gym only recommends two exercises that will use up to 80% of the body's muscles: the leg pull, and the two arm pullover. Thinking I was in better shape than I actually was, I set the bar at exercise level number three and found it nearly impossible to do the two exercises. Resetting to the lowest possible level, I was able to do half of the 25 repetitions for each that they recommended. The next day, I knew where every one of my previously unused muscles was located. Since then, I have worked my way up to the 25 reps in each exercise. Now I am determined to keep going and rebuild my body as much as possible. Chuck Norris, who advertises the Total Gym, is in his 70s like I am, and in good enough shape to work in action movies. If he can do it, so can I. I know it's going to take a lot of effort, but I know I can do it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment